I know it’s been slow in coming (just over three years since The Armour of Achilles), but I am proud, excited and slightly nervous to announce that The Oracles of Troy will be launched as an e-book on Friday 25th October 2013. It’s been edited, copy-edited and proof-read several times, converted into mobi and e-pub formats and finished off with what I believe is a superb cover. A lot of hard work has gone into the book and I hope fans of the series will enjoy it as much as the first three. From the comments I’ve had so far, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
If you haven’t already seen it, please have a look at the book page here to preview the cover and read a short summary. I’ve also included the first chapter as a free extract to whet your appetite. If you have any comments on the cover or the opening chapter, I’d really love to hear from you. Please Leave a Comment using the space below and I’ll try to respond as quickly as I can.
Finally, a few well-deserved thanks:
- To my wife, Jane, for her support, enthusiasm, proof-reading skills and the occasional well-timed cup of tea
- To Steven A. McKay, author of Wolf’s Head, for his generous encouragement and help
- To Rob Low, author of The Kingdom series, for a fantastic endorsement
- To Richard Sheehan for his superb editing skills
- To Justine Elliott for designing such an eye-catching cover
- To Matthew Stapleford at Firebubble for creating the website and being patient with my technophobia
- To Steve Baker at EBooks by Design for sorting out the conversion to an e-book and putting up with my constant fussing
- To Kevin Marlow, Maureen Corderoy and Bruce Villas for being such keen proof-readers
- And to those readers who have been patiently waiting for the next installment in Odysseus and Eperitus’s adventures – not long to wait now!